Thursday, October 6, 2011

now you have "the final countdown" stuck in your head

I pack a box, pat myself on the back, then sit a minute to contemplate my life. Then I pack another box, pat myself on the back again, then sit another minute to contemplate my life. This may not be the quickest way to move, but it seems to be working for me. We calculated my time at work today: I have 72 hours left of work at Stones River National Battlefield. Don't cry for me, Argentina (The truth is I never left you). I am balancing the two thoughts of not having enough time and The Final Countdown. I still have an incredibly long list of things-I-need-to-complete-before-I-leave (at work alone... my list for everything else I need to do before I leave fills up a small notebook). And this is why I take a moment between each box to contemplate my life. It is my form of maintaining my illusion that I have control in my life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: