Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Day

Today was my first day of work at Jean Lafitte NHPP. I think I am going to fit right in. The staff is friendly and the history and geography are fascinating (and I have only scratched the surface). Tomorrow I will go on my first boat tour of the bayou, soon enough I will be giving them.

I am also in the process of settling into my new apartment. This is my very first apartment that is totally my own, sans roommates. I lived a few short stints at the park without roommates, but it was still technically a dorm-style layout (and most of my stuff was in boxes). I am having fun making this place mine, but unpacking and organizing is exhausting. See what I have to work with?



Yikes!! Actually, I took that picture yesterday. It is looking better. Before long, everything will be unpacked and put in its place. Then I can begin exploring my new backyard. It looks like I won't have time to be bored here with all the festivals, cook-offs, and other assorted gatherings. Laissez les bon temps roulers! (After I finish unpacking, of course).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: