Saturday, October 22, 2011

keep on truckin'

Welp. Today was my last day at work at Stones River National Battlefield. Tomorrow I officially am an employee at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve (a mouthful of a park!). I begin working at the Acadian Cultural Center on Tuesday. I will be a'mosey-ing my way down to Lafayette starting tomorrow, with an overnight stop at my sister's and awesomest brother-in-law's house.

These past few days have been bittersweet. I loved my park. I love the people I work with. I am thankful for all of the opportunities I have been provided between my job and my education. In the words of Pinocchio: I'm a real boy! Tomorrow I am officially a permanent employee of the National Park Service! This is the start of my career! But I continue saying my farewells to different people and experiences (I don't like "goodbye" so I say "see you later." Soon I will have to say "au revoir.").

Tomorrow morning's agenda includes a final packing of my car, a swift cleaning of my house, turning in my badges and keys, a few more farewells, and then a rowdy rendition of "On the Road Again" as I roll out of town. And I plan on singing loud.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: