Friday, April 8, 2011

you can't see the stars if you don't look up

This has been my day:





It has been rough. I worked in Resources, so it was a physically demanding day on top of the mentally and emotionally draining day. The temperature broke 80 degrees and it was sultry. The sun brutally beat down on us in the afternoon. Before we were dismissed for the day, we had a "Shutdown Contingency Plan" meeting, a time for our supervisors to pass along information about what to do if, indeed, we shut down.

I came home, showered, and tried to think happy thoughts. I tried to push out my thoughts about not working, not getting paid, not being able to do anything about it, not being able to work, all while trying to remain hopeful. I can't do that alone. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him..." Romans 8:28

That is what I dwell on. I have to. I also try to pull out the humor when I can. Like when we decided we could put our cut-out ranger to good use:



You have got to find the sunshine on cloudy days.

No comments: