Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting

Yesterday, I walked out to my car to discover God has decided, yet again, to provide me with a trial, another opportunity to practice patience. On my way to the grocery store, I discovered my car had a flat tire. All air, gone. Curses!

I am aware of how to change a tire, but I pay that extra $5 a month for roadside assistance so I don't have to! No need to risk chipping a nail if I can help it! Roadside assistance showed up within 15 minutes of the call, were super friendly, and got their potentially nail-breaking task completed within the next 15 minutes.

So now I am waiting at the auto shop, hoping they can just patch that puppy and it won't cost me much. And thinking thoughts about how I can't control about 94 percent of my life (hiccups, included!). It's how I deal with that 6 percent that I can control that makes the difference.

That's what I keep telling myself this fine morning, anyway.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: