Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stayin' Out of Trouble (the best I can)

Not that this is breaking news, but there is not enough time in the day for me to do everything I want to do. I have always felt that way and will probably feel that way when I die. "What? This is eternity? There isn't enough time in eternity to do everything I want to do!" I had a day off today and kept myself busy just about the whole day.

I got two of my tires replaced (ka-ching), I ran some errands, I visited a friend in the hospital, and I worked in my "garden." Gardening proved to be the most fun. It also proved the sweatiest. I did not know one body could produce so much sweat in less than a half hour period with minimal exertion (before 10AM). I would have been impressed with the human body and its ability to turn itself into a functioning fountain if my eyes hadn't been burning from the drops that had accumulated in the two minutes after I had stepped outside. I had two thoughts: "I should stop drinking water and maybe I will stop sweating," and "Clearly, if I don't keep drinking water, I will die and they will only find the leathery remains of my skin encasing my bones."

My patio now looks nice. And I didn't die.

I did get to take a monster nap this afternoon. I'd call it a "glorious nap" but all naps are glorious (so I'd only be stating the obvious). I seldom take naps, but when I do, I enjoy every sleeping second of them.

No comments: