Friday, September 30, 2011

why, hello, old friend!

I thought I noticed you pass through a few weeks ago. The temperatures dropped, but that had fooled me. There was no crispness in the air, no chill that stayed overnight. Then last week, I thought I caught a glimpse of you through the trees. The calendar announced your arrival on the 23rd of September! I am a week late, but I recognized your appearance fully this morning! Your brilliance is starting to peek through the tips of branches.


There are sprinklings of you scattered all over the ground.


I love to see your colors! I love you giving me an excuse to wear my sweatshirts! I love your reminder that change is constant, but not neccessarily a bad thing. And I love that without fail, you make an appearance every year. Happy fall!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: