Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Morning Run

I currently live at the battlefield in seasonal housing, a temporary living situation until I move to Louisiana (in 27 days!). I love where I live for many reasons, but I especially love the proximity to my favorite running trails. I just have to tie up my laces and walk out my door. This morning I ran and I could not have asked for a prettier greeting from the day. The temperature was in the low 60s and fog hung in the open fields. I love to see fog on the battlefield during the autumn months. The fog contributes to the hauntedness of the place. Fall mornings also provide sunrises that sear the sky with brilliant pinks and oranges. The breathtaking sights almost interfere with my run as I get distracted from focusing on my pace and heartrate. I try not to think about how much I will miss this place.

No comments: