Saturday, January 22, 2011

bloggity blog blog blog

I respect the piece of advice given to me earlier in the week by a friend who told me to find what I do well and do it. His advice intended to help me lighten my own load while encouraging me to not be afraid to say "no" when I can't, shouldn't, or don't want to do something (because I-Can-Do-It-Girl struck again!). I have this insane knack for filling up my proverbial plate so much that I start to drop things.

I almost had an opportunity to say "no" yesterday, but couldn't because it was a friend who asked. Who says "no" to a friend? Argh. So I continue forward. I have much to do in the next five months. I am still writing on my thesis, though my second chapter is not going as fast as my first one (heck, the first one only took 3 years to complete...). I still have my weekly commitments. And work. Workity work work. I have a training in Arizona in two weeks, then I present research at a conference in New Orleans in March. Then I will be gone the entire month of May on Group Study Exchange to England (of which I will be blogging about separate here).

But, like Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." So tonight I will stop a minute, take a deep breath, organize the mess my research has recreated in my room, write out my to-dos, schedules, and calendarings, and look to the future. My anticipation for the future may create a constant buzzing of stress, but I know I don't have any regrets. I live this daring adventure to its fullest.

No comments: