Monday, May 16, 2011

the hour before the dawn

"And the darkest hour is just before dawn." -The Mamas and The Papas

I feel like I am at that peaked part of the marathon, right before the final surge of energy that pushes me across the finish line. I am so close! But I am so tired! I gotta keep moving my legs.

I have submitted all three of my chapters and have begun making revisions as needed. This will be submitted to the graduate school by the first week of June. I just have to make it through these next few weeks (with the idea that I will be able to sleep and run as much as I want after I finish the darn thing). My family knows that everybody gets a copy on my thesis (bound and signed by me!) for Christmas this year. Don't worry! I will wrap the copies and make sure they each get a pretty bow.

Today I interviewed for a position at Andrew Johnson NHS. Maybe I will get the position, maybe not. I think I am too tired to think about it (it was a four hour drive there and back... my mom was a trooper to go with me and listen to 90s country 30% of the way... driver picks the music, man). Maybe this is the sound of the first bird chirping before the crack of dawn breaks the skyline? Is that my light at the end of what turned into an insanely long tunnel? Maybe the tedious days ahead will be nothing compared to being finished. Maybe I just have to keep going and the end will find me.

No comments: