Wednesday, May 6, 2009

crazy times

I love electric storms. I can hear the thunder rolling now and think it is awesome.

And for the record, my sister is getting married at the end of the month. So the next few weeks will start getting busy as we gear up for the wedding. But I am very excited to see all of my family coming in for that weekend. I am especially excited to see my awesome brother! And my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, family friends, the lot... it will be a little insane, but I am entirely ok with that. I am looking forward to that day and am convinced it will be a good one. Which is weird for me to say, as wedding stuff usually makes me gag a little as I choke back the vomit taste in my mouth. This one does not trigger the same reflex like in the past; probably because I am genuinely happy for the bride and groom (and am just now reaching a point in my personal life where past emotional scars don't hurt nearly as bad as they used to). I am also a little sad, as my parents will be moving to Germany the weekend after the wedding.

Crazy times.

1 comment:

Will said...

we're so thankful for your help so far, you're gonna be the best sister-in-law ever! (just don't tell my brother's wife)
<3