Saturday, February 11, 2012

Full Steam Ahead

I have made it back to Louisiana from my jamb-packed week of training, networking, bonding, discovering, and traveling. Some might say "whew" and take a minute to chill. But that's not my style. I spent the afternoon pumping momentum into a variety of projects I have going at work with a flurry of emails. Then last night I unpacked, did laundry, addressed the most serious of chores, and started a new art project (we'll call it "wall art"). Eventually, I realized I had been up for nearly twenty hours and should probably contemplate sleeping. What did I used to say while in school? I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I die.

It dawned on me today as I was reading policies and memorandums about civic engagement (and listening to our dulcimer-playing volunteers strum the tune of "Wayfaring Stranger") that I have found it. I have found that which I was meant to do. I love my work and pull massive amounts of satisfaction from it. I also pull satisfaction from the thought that I am making an impact (positively); knowing my efforts are not for naught is important to me. Now, I am not wearing rose-colored glasses and I know I will encounter life's hiccups (stress, etc). But it is almost difficult for me to accept how excellent things in my life seem to be going. I'll take it! I'll take it at full-steam ahead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: