Thursday, February 10, 2011

brain drain

You would think after sitting through eight hours of NPS law and practices and budget process that I would have found the mental time to develop a creative post. I didn't. It was not that I did not want a mental escape over the course of the day. I just felt like I seriously needed to know these things and pay attention. And now I am mentally drained. I feel better equipped, but drained.

I did get to see the sun rise over the Canyon this morning. I was just going real quicklike (I have to try and maintain some of my Tennessee-ness, or else I will entirely lose whatever I had to begin with) to pick up a van for our class and a classmate invited me along a hike. "Why not?" is usually my response to life's questions. I could not feel my toes, fingers, nose, or ears during our brief jaunt, but it was worth it. The sun rise picks out the reds and oranges that noon washes out. Unfortunately, I feel like no picture I take actually captures what I see here.

I think I am going to go to bed early tonight. Hopefully, none of the information I learned today will leak from my brain while I sleep. But I guess there are no guarantees.

No comments: