Sunday, July 14, 2019

Beep (bleep) Beep

We woke up in Kansas this morning (which is a good thing, since we fell asleep in Kansas last night...). We overnighted at an RV park in Chapman.


The staff were super friendly and the shower house was immaculate. There were several box-store produced signs of encouragement. I think the one that read "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today" spoke to me most.


I am especially prone to dwelling in the past (hey, I am an historian, after all). I worry a lot about what I said or what I didn't say when I could spend that time dealing with the present. Although, sometimes, dealing with the present provides it's own struggles (so it is easier to reminisce about our version of the past).

Hours and hours of Kansas
Today we are riding in an RV through Kansas. We should be to Colorado by lunchtime. I want to embrace everything about my today, however, we have a slight situation: something about air flow makes the RV sound like it is spontaneously honking as we drive along. It is one part annoying, one part aggravating, and all parts loud. It is not the actual horn. And it does not seem that cars passing us can hear it (nobody has started at us as they drive by, nor provided us with any special "hand signals"). But it still happens and, gosh, it is hard to stay "present." Figuring out potential remedies is becoming Randall's slight obsession. Well, that, and removing these smushed bugs from the massive windshield.


Onwards (while staying present, of course).

No comments: