Monday, April 9, 2012

Smock it to me

Today was an incredibly long but incredibly productive day. I ran three miles before work, worked (finishing a temporary exhibit on alligators), then had a volunteer meeting at the local American Red Cross chapter. This week, I will be presenting at a local library about Emergecy Preparedness- an important topic alladatime, but especially on the brink of hurricane season.

The volunteer coordinator had not realized that I did not have any official American Red Cross gear, except for a utility vest. Citing how those can get warm when working indoors, she said she would get me a shirt. Ooo! I am moving up in the world! I had been wearing a plain red or white shirt whenever I volunteered, but now I will be official with an official shirt! I was very excited when she came back and handed me my very own... smock. "It looks like we are out of shirts, but you can use this for now."

I tried not to let the disappointment show on my face. Maybe one day I will graduate from smock to shirt! And maybe if I work really hard, I might get an official polo! But for now, I guess I will have to be content with my smock.

After my meeting, I decided the best way to end my incredibly long day would be to watch an incredibly long movie: "How the West was Won." I can't go wrong with the likes of Jimmy Stewart, Debbie Reynolds, Henry Fonda, and John Wayne! Happy Friday to me!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: